Dr. Jürgen Gandraß
Research expertise and focus
- Ultra-trace analysis of organic contaminants
- Mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, MALDI-MS/MS, GC-HRMS, LC-HRMS)
- Effect-directed chemical analysis
- Quality assurance and management
His current focus is on the analysis of emerging organic contaminants linked to environmental fate modelling and ecosystem and human health assessment.
1984 Diploma in Environmental Engineering at the Hamburg University of Applied Science
2005 PhD at the University of Lüneburg at the department of Environmental Sciences
- BASF Australia Ltd. in Melbourne
- Biological Institute Helgoland
- since 1984 Helmholtz-Zentrum Hereon Research Centre for Material and Coastal Sciences
Since 2000 he has been teaching at Leuphana University in Lüneburg in graduate courses on xenobiotics in the environment, atmospheric trace substances, assessment of environmental chemicals, ecosystem responses to chemical pollution, and ecology and environmental chemistry.
- Koetke D, Gandrass J, Xie Z, Ebinghaus R: Prioritised pharmaceuticals in German estuaries and coastal waters: Occurrence and environmental risk assessment, Environ. Pollut., 255, 113161, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2019.113161, 2019.
- Chen WL, Xie Z, Wolschke H, Gandrass J, Koetke D, Winkelmann M, Ebinghaus R: Quantitative determination of ultra-trace carbazoles in sediments in the coastal environment, Chemosphere, 150, 586−595, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2016.02.051, 2016.
- Laane RWPM, Vethaak AD, Gandrass J, Vorkamp K, Koehler A, Larsen MM, Strand J: Chemical contaminants in the Wadden Sea: Sources, transport, fate and effects, J. Sea Res., 82, 10−53, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2013.03.004, 2013.
- Kakuschke A, Valentine-Thon E, Griesel S, Gandrass J et al.: First health and pollution study on harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) living in the German Elbe estuary, Mar. Poll. Bull., 60, 2079-2086, DOI: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2010.07.011, 2010.
- Muktiono B, Schulten C, Heemken O, Gandrass J, Prange A, Schnabl H, Cerboncini C: Isolation and purification assay of ex vivo photosystem II D1 protein toward integrated biointeraction analysis. Anal Bioanal Chem 390, 1195–1202, 2008.
- Beck I-C, Bruhn R, Gandrass J: Analysis of estrogenic activity in coastal surface waters of the Baltic Sea using the yeast estrogen screen, Chemosphere 63, 1870–1878, DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2005.10.022, 2006.
- Beck I.-C, Bruhn R, Gandrass J, Ruck W.: Liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry analysis of estrogenic compounds in coastal surface water of the Baltic Sea, J Chromatogr A, 1090, 98–106, DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2005.07.013, 2005.
- Jahnke A, Gandrass J, Ruck W: Simultaneous determination of alkylphenol ethoxylates and their biotransformation products by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometry, J Chromatogr A, 1035, 115-122, DOI: 10.1016/j.chroma.2004.02.060, 2004.
- Headley JV, Gandrass J, Kuballa J, Peru KM, Gong Y: Rates of sorption and partitioning of contaminants in river biofilm, Environ. Sci. Technol., 32, 3968−3973, https://doi.org/10.1021/es980499l, 1998.