Dr. Shubham Krishna
• 3D modelling of the effects of multiple stressors (climate and anthropogenic) on pelagic food web dynamics in coastal ocean
• Trait-based approaches of plankton modelling for marine ecosystems
• 1D modelling of lake ecosystem dynamics
• Data assimilation, model parameter optimization and skill assessment
• 0D modelling of mesocosm experiments on ocean acidification
• Modelling of aggregation processes (marine and lake snow) in aquatic ecosystems
|Since June 2021:||Scientist at the Institute of Coastal Systems - Analysis and Modeling, Helmholtz Center HEREON, Geesthacht, Germany|
|April 2018 – May 2021:||Scientist at APHYS, Institute of Environment Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland|
|February 2018 – March 2018:||Researcher at Helmholtz Center for Ocean Research (GEOMAR), Kiel, Germany|
|May 2013 – January 2018:||PhD Researcher at Helmholtz Center for Ocean Research (GEOMAR), Kiel, Germany|
|February 2011 – February 2013:||Software programmer at Kayser-Threde GmbH (a sister firm of European Space Agency), Munich, Germany|
|October 2010 – February 2013:||Master of Science in Geophysics (Msc) from Ludwig Maximillians University (LMU), Munich, Germany|
|July 2005 – July 2009:||Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) in Bioinformatics from DY Patil University, Pune, India|
|October 2018 – May 2021:||Ecosystem modelling module in the Limnology course at EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland|
- Krishna, S., Ulloa, H.N., Barbe, E., & Wüest, A. (2023): Disentangling the effects of climate change and reoligotrophication on primary production in a large lake. Aquat Sci 85, 16 (2023), doi:10.1007/s00027-022-00910-2
- Krishna, S., Ulloa, H. N., Kerimoglu, O., Minaudo, C., Anneville, O., & Wüest, A. (2021). Model-based data analysis of the effect of winter mixing on primary production in a lake under reoligotrophication. Ecological Modelling, 440, 109401.
- Fernández Castro, B., Chmiel, H. E., Minaudo, C., Krishna, S., Perolo, P., Rasconi, S., & Wüest, A. (2021). Primary and net ecosystem production in a large lake diagnosed from high‐resolution oxygen measurements. Water Resources Research, 57(5), e2020WR029283.
- Krishna, S., Pahlow, M., & Schartau, M. (2019). Comparison of two carbon-nitrogen regulatory models calibrated with mesocosm data. Ecological Modelling, 411, 108711.
- Krishna, S. (2018). Model assessment and model-based data analyses of an ocean acidification mesocosm experiment(Doctoral dissertation, Christian-Albrechts Universität Kiel).
- Krishna, S., & Schartau, M. (2017). A data–model synthesis to explain variability in calcification observed during a CO 2 perturbation mesocosm experiment. Biogeosciences, 14(7), 1857-1882.
- Schartau, M., Wallhead, P., Hemmings, J., Löptien, U., Kriest, I., Krishna, S., ... & Oschlies, A. (2017). Reviews and syntheses: parameter identification in marine planktonic ecosystem modelling. Biogeosciences, 14(6), 1647-1701.