Cutting Machine Operator
What do we expect of you?
Important are a good secondary school-leaving certificate (Hauptschule or Realschule), as well as manual dexterity, an interest in technical-functional connections, but also good concentration, stamina, and reliability.
How does the apprenticeship work?
Apprenticeship in a dual system that lasts 3 1/2 years. This means that in addition to working at the company, you will spend one or two days a week at vocational college. You will graduate with a craft certificate (Facharbeiterbrief).
During your apprenticeship, your tasks will be:
- to manufacture precision parts made of various materials by means of machining processes such as turning or milling
- to work on conventional or CNC-controlled machine tools according to drawings or other specifications
- to programme, set up, and monitor the production process
What will you learn during the apprenticeship?
You will be trained, e. g.:
- to assess material properties
- to select materials according to their use
- to ensure operational readiness of machine tools for manufacturing workpieces and components
- to obtain order-specific requirements and information as well as to examine and implement them
- to plan and execute work processes and subtasks under consideration of economic and scheduling aspects
- to analyse production orders and assess technical feasibility
- to input, test, modify, and optimise programmes for CNC-controlled machine tools
- to manufacture workpieces made of various materials according to technical documentation
- to adhere to occupational safety and accident prevention regulations
- to observe and apply environmental protection measures