Biology Laboratory Technician
What do we expect of you?
An interest in science and good teamwork skills are just as important as a very good secondary school-leaving certificate (Realschule) or a high school diploma (or equivalent).
How does the apprenticeship work?
The apprenticeship lasts 3 1/2 years and takes place at our site in Teltow. You will complete the basic training and other practical parts of the course at a training centre in Berlin. You will also attend vocational college.
What will you learn during the apprenticeship?
Your training will include, for example:
- to plan experiments and to execute them in accordance with the regulations on occupational safety and in compliance with environmental and health protection
- an acute sense of responsibility in complying with animal welfare regulations
- to carry out studies of animals, plants, and micro-organisms and cell cultures
- to perform demanding preparations
- to extract and process bodily fluids
- to develop investigation models for effective substance testing
- to carry out molecular biological studies and genetic engineering experiments
- to observe and record test procedures
- to record and evaluate studies with the aid of computer systems
- computer-aided instrument control, data acquisition, evaluation, and transfer
- to cooperate with domestic and international scientists
- to follow German- and English-language instructions in your work