What do we expect of you?
What is important are a good secondary school-leaving certificate (Hauptschule or Realschule), as well as manual dexterity, an interest in technical-functional connections, good spatial awareness, good concentration, stamina and reliability, and basic knowledge of English.
How does the apprenticeship work?
Apprenticeship in a dual system that lasts 3 1/2 years. This means that in addition to working at the company, you will spend one or two days a week at vocational college. You will graduate with a craft certificate (Facharbeiterbrief).
During your apprenticeship, your tasks will be:
- to manufacture individual parts for different devices or production plants
- to set up assemblies or complex test apparatus
- to set up mechanical and pneumatic components
- to optimise and monitor production processes
- to make repairs and perform maintenance tasks
- to operate various machine tools
What do you learn during the apprenticeship?
You will be trained, e. g.:
- to assess material properties
- to select materials according to their use
- to ensure operational readiness of machine tools to manufacture workpieces and components
- to obtain order-specific requirements and information as well as to examine and implement them
- to plan and execute work processes and subtasks under consideration of economic and scheduling aspects
- to determine faults with machines and systems and to isolate faults
- to perform the mechanical set-up of electrical components or assemblies
- to maintain, inspect, repair, and improve machines and systems
- to clean, care for, and store components and assemblies,
- to manufacture and adapt components by combining different manufacturing processes,
- to adhere to occupational safety and accident-prevention regulations
- to observe and apply environmental protection measures